This user guide is for the older release of the site. Most of the documentation for the current 2017 release can be found in the Auctria User Guide v3
These pages describe the way of handling Bidder Registration & Ticket Sales using the web elements available from February 28, 2016.
Previously, registration and purchase elements were separate entities, but now a single feature is used to handle both functions avoiding confusion.
Bidder Registration &Ticket Sales are a central activity in most auctions. Auctria provides many options for these activities.
Bidder Registration allows you to:
- Capture participant contact data, including email, address, and phone numbers.
- Allow bidders to set-up accounts for online bidding or pre-bidding.
- Prompt participants for meal choices and seating preferences at events.
- Sell tickets and other items.
- Accept cash donations or donations for specific projects.
- Register credit cards.
- Gather contact details for additional guests attending the event, even if though these guests are not bidding online.
- Collect comments and recommendations.
1. Auction Website
Guests will use the auction website to register or purchase tickets.
You should have an auction coordinator or administrator affiliated with your organization, who will create a website for your event. We suggest previewing the section, Creating a Website, prior to going further in the process. Website development is an integral part of the Auctria process.
When creating the website you can chose the template that most closely matches the style of the event.
2. Payment Options
There are two ways purchases can be paid for online:
- Credit cards
- Pay later: allow the purchase to be added to the bidders account
If you want people to pay online by credit card then you need to ensure that credit card processing is enabled.
You can allow people to add the items for payment, to their account. No payment is taken online, and their account will show a balance, which you can collect and record as payment at a later date. This can be handled at the event check out.
3. For Sale Items
You can create items that represent the tickets and other items you want to offer to bidders. See Adding Ticket Items for more details.
Configuring Registration & Ticket Sales
- Enabling Bidder Registration
- Configuring Purchase/Registration Settings