This user guide is for the older release of the site. Most of the documentation for the current 2017 release can be found in the Auctria User Guide v3
Items are central to your auction! With Auctria, Items are used for more than just the lots being auctioned for bid. There are a number of different Item Types which are used, such as:
Each item in your auction is given a unique item number, and is referred to as Item#. Item numbers don't have to be simple numbers. You can also use letters too, but each item number can only be used once.
In addition, each item must have a designated Title. This is a short, one line, descriptive name for the item, such as "PlayStation 4". The Title will be used to identify the item on Bid Sheets, in the bidder statement, and in the Catalog.
All of the other fields for an item are optional, but the most commonly used ones with pertinent information are:
- Description: this is a longer string of text providing greater significant information about an item.
- Value: the monetary denotation of an item can be shown in the catalog or on a bid sheet. If the value is left blank or marked as a $0 amount, then it will be omitted from the field. You can enter a number 1 in the field, to prompt it to be deemed as 'Priceless'.
- Donor: the actual person or company providing a donated the item
Items can also have images associated with them. You can provide the image upon inputting the item field information. It can also be changed at any point. See Working with Images for more details.
Images can be uploaded from your computer or be selected by providing the web address (URL) of the image. When it is uploaded, it will be resized as needed, though the aspect ratio is never changed. For the best results we recommend using images that are approximately square. We have found that Images that are narrow and rectangular typically do not look best when formatted into the space available on the different pages.
Sometimes the older versions of Internet Explorer seem to have trouble with the image upload process. If you are using Internet Explorer, and run into problems uploading images, then we recommend trying a newer browser such as Chrome or Firefox.
There are a number of options that can be set for Items:
- Is basket lot: this item is a basket item used to contain partial lot items.
- Is gift certificate: causes a gift certificate form to be generated for the item and also flags the item as a certificate on the Bidder Statement.
- Highlight item: causes the item to be shown on the highlights page of the online catalog and in the highlights slide show in Kiosk Mode.
- Exclude from catalog: when items are excluded from the catalog, it won't appear in either the online or printed catalog regardless of any other settings.
- Closing Bidding: see Closing Bidding for more details of what this option means.
The following pages also cover working with items:
- Item Types
- Adding Items
- Deleting Items
- Item Fields
- Item Pricing
- Item Category
- Baskets & Packages
- Multiple Quantities
- Multiple Winners
- Live Auction Numbering
- Renumbering Items
- Copying Items Between Auctions
- Highlight Items
- Exporting Item Activity
- Running a Raffle