As items are won or sold you can record that information in the system. For simplicity, we will often refer to any winning bid, sale or donation as a bid.
There are three ways for bid information to be added to the system.
- As a registered user, you can record a bid via the Record Bid page.
- For online auctions, bidders are able to place their own bids via the Auction Website (Old Style).
- You can import bids from an Excel sheet.
This page focus on the first of these topics, adding winning bids as a registered user through the Record Bid page. For more details on importing winning bids via Excel see Importing Winning Bid Data.
Record Bid Page
There are a number of ways to get to the Record Bid page:
- On the main auction detail screen, select the Event tab and click Record Bid.
- From the Item and Bidder menus, click the Record Bid icon.
From an Item or Bidder details screen click on the Record Bid icon at the bottom. This will pre-populate the bid screen with the current item/bidder information.
The Record Bid page can be used to record bids, purchases and donations, as well as optionally include payment information too.
There are a series of buttons across the top of the page that let you focus on recording a Bid, Purchase or Donation. Use the Purchase tab when recording the sale of a For Sale Item and the Donation tab for Donation Items. Everything else falls into the Bid tab.
For more details on how this page works see: