You can record cash donations and donations for "Donation" items by selecting the item and the bidder and entering the amount.
To record a donation, open the Record a bid, purchase or donation page and make sure the DONATION tab is selected.
Select the Item
- Click in the Item field to activate the drop-down menu. To record a cash donation, leave the item field blank.
- Start typing the item number or name so that a list of items appears. The item list is automatically filtered by Type: Donation, making it easier to find the item you want.
- Select the item you are entering a donation for.
Note that you can quickly access more information about the item by clicking the View icon.
Clear the item
By default, the item field is pinned for donations, meaning the item will default to the last item entered. To clear the item field, click the x at the end of the item box.
Select the Bidder
- Click in the Bidder field to activate the drop-down menu.
- Start typing the name so that a list of bidders appears.
- Select the bidder you are entering a donation for.
Note that you can quickly access more information about the bidder by clicking the View icon.
Enter the Amount
Enter the quantity and select how you will enter the amount.
- Select total amount to enter the total amount.
- Select unit price to enter the unit price and let the system calculate the total amount.
If you wish to enter payment details with the donation, see Enter Payment Information.
Record the Donation
When all information for the donation has been entered, click Record Donation.
Viewing or Removing Donations
Donations are saved for each Item and each Bidder.
See View or Remove a Bid, Purchase, or Donation for more information.
To quickly record multiple donations for the same item, bidder, or amount, you can "pin" the item, bidder, or amount.
See Pin an item, bidder, or amount for more information.
If you are entering many donations at once, use keyboard shortcuts to save time: