You can record purchases by selecting the item and the bidder and entering the amount.
To record a purchase of a "For Sale" item, open the Record a bid, purchase or donation page and make sure the PURCHASE tab is selected.
Select the Item
- Click in the Item field to activate the drop-down menu.
- Start typing the item number or name so that a list of items appears. The item list is automatically filtered by Type: For Sale, making it easier to find the item you want.
- Select the item you are entering a purchase for.
Note that you can quickly access more information about the item by clicking the View icon.
Clear a pinned item
By default, the item field is pinned for purchases, meaning the item will default to the last item entered. To clear the item field, click the x at the end of the item box.
Select the Bidder
- Click in the Bidder field to activate the drop-down menu.
- Start typing the name so that a list of bidders appears.
- Select the bidder you are entering a purchase for.
Note that you can quickly access more information about the bidder by clicking the View icon.
Enter the Amount
Enter the quantity and select how you will enter the amount.
- Select total amount to enter the total amount. You can enter a discounted amount if needed. For example, if you offer 1 free ticket with every three $5 tickets purchased, you could enter a quantity of 4 and a total of $15.
- Select unit price to enter the unit price and let the system calculate the total amount.
Total Amount Example
Unit Price Example
When recording a purchase you may also want to record that it has been paid. For example, if you are entering ticket purchases made prior to the event, you may wish to record pre-payment. To enter payment details with a purchase, see Include Payment with a Bid, Purchase, or Donation.
Record the Purchase
When all information for the purchase has been entered, click Record Purchase.
If the total amount you entered reflects a discount, the system will prompt you to confirm.
Click Try And Force Bid to accept the override amount.
If successful, a green message will appear at the top of the window.
Viewing or Removing Purchases
Purchases are saved for each Item and each Bidder.
See View or Remove a Bid, Purchase, or Donation for more information.
To quickly record multiple purchases for the same item, bidder, or amount, you can "pin" the item, bidder, or amount.
See Pin the Item, Bidder, or Amount for more information.
If you are entering many purchases at once, use keyboard shortcuts to save time: