You can record a Donation from a Donor which is different from an Item a Donor has provided for the auction.
A Donation is something a Donor has contributed that you are not selling as part of the auction event. You can use Donations to track straight cash donations, sponsorship, advertising space sold, goods and services, or in-kind pledges.
Bidder Donations vs. Donor Donations
You can record donations for both bidders and donors. So which should you use?
In general, a donation should be considered a donor donation if:
- it is made and paid for prior to the event and is in lieu of donating an item for auction available toward the event.
- the donor isn't going to be a bidder participant at the event.
- you don't need to track the commitment to the donation separately from the payment.
- with a donor donation, you simply record the donation when it is actually made.
- with a bidder donation, you need to record both the donation and the payment.
- it is a donation of goods or services.
- you want to acknowledge the donation on the auction website.
To add a new Donation, Donors, and then click + Add New Donation.
The Donor Donations window appears.
Enter a description of the donation, the name of the Donor, and as much additional information as necessary.
Click Save Donation.
All information can be edited after the donation has been saved.
If the Acknowledge checkbox is selected, the Donor name will be available to be displayed as a sponsor if the Sponsorship checkbox is also selected.
Enter the Value of the donation.
If the receipt value is different than the donation value, enter the Receipt Value.
To note that the Donor would like a receipt, select the Receipt Required checkbox.
To note that a receipt has been issued, select the Receipt Issue checkbox.
If the Sponsorship checkbox is selected, the Donation will be recorded as a sponsorship.
If the Donations in Kind checkbox is selected, the Donation will be not be included when calculating the auction income summary.
Enter a Sort Index number to determine the order in which the Donation should be displayed. The lowest number will be displayed first.
Note that Donations are shown apart from Items on the Receipt tab of the Donor Record.