To Run a Raffle, two types of items are needed; the tickets being sold and the raffle prizes.
Note: the terminology for tickets is a bit confusing.
The Tickets section available off the auction dashboard is for event admission tickets only. See Tickets for more details. Raffle tickets are set up as 'for sale' items, but the system does not identify them as special ticket items. In particular the Admission Tickets Included field on items associated with raffle tickets should be left blank.
You will need to create at least one item set up as a raffle ticket with:
- Item type set to For Sale Items
- Value set to the price of the ticket
- Tickets Per is left blank (or set to 0), this is a special field reserved for event admission tickets only
- If you need to collect Set Sales Tax Amounts then set the Sales Tax Category appropriately
- Optionally you can assign an Item# to indicate the item's purpose, such as RAFFLE
You can then record sales of your raffle tickets to bidders, see Record a Purchase for more details.
Tracking the raffle prizes within the site is optional, since the purchase of raffle tickets don't affect how much bidders owe or the income you raise. But by entering the winning prizes, they will appear on bidder's statements.
Create each prize item with:
- Item type set to Raffle Items
- Value is optional
You can record the prizes a bidder has won using the Bid tab of the record bid page, just leave the amount blank. You need to enter the Bidder# and Item#. There is no amount used when awarding a raffle prize.